How your information used?
Empower Therapies will use client information to enable provision of counselling/psychotherapy and associated services.
This will include:
- setting up confidential, secure client records
- monitoring emotional health and wellbeing throughout client’s therapy
Who has access to your information?
- Empower Therapies require access to client information to be able to carry out the therapeutic work that clients have requested by referring into the service.
- Empower Therapies have an ethical responsibility to seek supervision of their work from an appropriately trained clinical supervisor. In supervision, all therapists and clinical supervisors will discuss client work to ensure safe, effective and ethical practice. However, any identifying client information will be anonymised. Clinical supervisors maintain the same practice of confidentiality as Empower Therapies, which is stated in service contracts and counselling/psychotherapy contracts.
- In the event of long term illness or death of your therapist, data will be destroyed and parties (organisations/current clients) will be informed by an appropriate person listed within her therapeutic will.
In circumstances where Empower Therapies believe someone is at serious risk of harm, they may have a duty of care to report this information to a designated safeguarding lead within an institution where services are delivered (e.g. a school, college, workplace), the police or safeguarding board. In all other circumstances, Empower Therapies will only share client information with explicit consent from their clients.
Your information will not be sold or rented to third parties.
Empower Therapies will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
If you’re a young person aged 13 or under, you must get the permission of your parent/guardian before providing Empower Therapies with any personal information.
Duration and storage of data kept:
- Unless otherwise agreed, your information will be kept for a duration of 7 years, and then securely destroyed.
- Client information is stored securely until such a time that it is destroyed.
- All paper client data is kept securely in a locked cabinet.
- All electronic client data is kept securely and password protected.
Information that you give us directly:
We will collect and store information that you give us when you do the following things
on our website(s):
- Register for an event
- Register for a workshop, course or training
- Make an enquiry
- Complete a survey
- Give us feedback or make a complaint
- Apply for a job or work with us
- Enter into a contract with us
Information you give to us indirectly:
- We store information about how you navigate our website, although this cannot be used to personally
Your rights and
managing your own data:
You have the right to request access to the personal information that Empower Therapies stores and processes about you. You can ask for corrections to be made to the data we hold or for your personal data to be deleted. You can also ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or to object to the processing of it altogether.
There is no charge to you for either considering or complying with a request. If you request a copy of the data we hold on you, we require proof of your identity. Upon this being successfully verified, you are entitled to obtain the data.
If you’d like to make a request relating to any of the rights above, please send a request by emailing us at email@example.com or call us to discuss this on 07309728102 or 07515904282.
Data protection public register:
Empower Therapies can be found on the Data Protection Public Register with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number – ZA564910)
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded by and stored on your electronic devices (e.g. phone, laptop, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website. Cookies are used to help the website owner (in this case; Empower Therapies) to provide you with a smooth experience while you navigate your way around the site.
- Make our website work effectively
- Collect anonymous data to gain insight into how people access and use our website
- Help us display advertisements about our services to those people who might be interested in them
At Empower Therapies, we use a statistic cookie called Google Analytics, which provides website owners with information about the page a user has looked at.
Controlling the use of
Most browsers automatically accept cookies unless you tell them otherwise. You have the choice to restrict, block or delete cookies when you visit a website.
Please check your browser settings for further information on how to do this if you are unsure.
However, please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, this may impact the function of some or all parts of our website.
For more information on cookies and how to manage them, you can access http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/